- Extensive experience in video production, excellent film and HDV shooting skills, a comfortable self-shooting Director/Producer who can edit on AVID, FCP and Premiere Pro.
- Digital skills, including HTML and CMS, I’ve made two interactive websites that use a combination of video, sound and stills photography.
- Experience in recording and editing radio and audio sequences, writing short articles for publication, designing, maintaining and producing moving image content for websites and social media.
- A strong commitment to social justice, I have volunteered for many years with various charities
- Researching and filming stories in Europe, the US, the Middle East and Asia.
- Managing and delivering projects on time with limited budgets and short deadlines.
- Wide range of creative filmmaking experience including independent and broadcast drama and documentary, community and charity videos.
- Communicating, working with, teaching and facilitating people of mixed ages, skills and abilities from diverse ethnic, social and economic groups.
- Qualified and experienced English language teacher and Upper Intermediate (B2) level Spanish.
October Films – Production Co-ordinator/Researcher on documentaries 1 x 60′ ‘My Life As a Spy’ (BBC Storyville), 1 x 60′ ‘The Asylum Game’ (BBC Panorama), 1 x 30′ ‘Birthday Girls’ (C4 ALT TV).
Faction Films – Researcher and Additional Camera on 3 x 3′ documentary ‘What Would Jesus Do?’ (C4 Three Minute Wonder).
October Films – Researcher and Additional Sound on 1 x 50′ documentary ‘The Killer Wave of 1607’ (BBC Timewatch).
NHK (Japan) – Sound Recordist/Camera Operator on documentary shot in Warsaw and the Bialowieza Forest, Belarus/Poland.
Banyak Films – Researcher/Director. Researching and developing documentary ideas for submission to Al Jazeera English.
RAW Television – Director/Development Researcher. Developing ideas for submission to Channel 4’s ‘First Cut’ strand by invitation.
Faction Films – Director/Development Researcher. Researching and developing various observational documentary ideas and writing proposals for broadcast television and BritDoc.
October Films – Development Researcher. Researching, developing, negotiating access and writing proposals for an observational documentary series for broadcast television.
Century Films – Development Researcher. Researching and writing proposals for observational documentaries for BBC, ITV and Channel 4.
Films of Record – Development Researcher. Researching and writing proposals for observational documentaries for BBC, ITV and Channel 4.
BBC – Camera Trainee on BBC Comedy/Drama series ‘Roger Roger’.
BBC – 2nd Boom Operator on BBC Comedy/Drama series ‘Roger Roger’
RDF Media – Lighting and Art Department Assistant on Factual series for Channel 4.
Shed Productions/Carlton Television – Camera Trainee on Drama series ‘Footballers’ Wives’ (ITV).
Shed Productions/Carlton Television – Runner on Drama series ‘Footballers’ Wives’ (ITV).
BFI/VividEcho (London, UK) Film Tutor for three years running, including the BFI’s 2016 Film Academy (Documentary). Providing development, production and post-production support to a team of young people.
CTVC/Truetube/Boldface (London, UK) – Assistant Producer/Video Production Teacher, travelling the most deprived areas of England teaching young people to make social/campaigning films including all aspects of film making and editing and facilitating the completion of their Silver Arts Award. Also shooting and editing content for web.
The Bristol Cable (Bristol) Editor on two short (10 min) documentaries on the mayoral election candidates (Rees and Ferguson). Included in interactive Klynt platform.
Turner Contemporary – Director/Producer/Camera/Sound/Editor on 6′ film document of Norbert Francis Attard’s art intervention ‘TURN. to colour’. This film was screened as part of the ARRIVALS>ART FROM THE NEW EUROPE public exhibition and book launch at the Venice Biennale.
Close-Up Research and Film (London, UK) Editor on 5′ animation, a public consultation piece for DEFRA.
The Rainbow Collective – Editor (FCP). Editing several short documentaries screened at the UK Parliament.
The Red Room – HDV Camera Operator. Shooting factual/documentary material for theatre production ‘UNSTATED’.
Mental Health Media – Director/Producer/Camera/Sound/Editor on 5′ minute commissioned documentary film for UK wide exhibition and screening at BFI’s Southbank.
Wildlife Productions – DV Camera Operator on short 35′ documentary ‘Chocolate City’ filmed in Washington DC this documentary explores the growing gentrification of Washington DC and the social and political alienation of its largely black population. Watch trailer here.
Danny Weinstein Films (London, UK) – Development Researcher on various documentary projects for submission to broadcasters and arts funds.
Harboured Sounds (Bristol, UK) – Camera Operator/Editor filming and editing live performances and interviews.
GlastoLatino (Glastonbury Festival, UK) Camera Operator filming for two years running on the GlastoLatino stage of Glastonbury Festival, live performances, pre/post performance interviews and dance workshops.
My main hobbies include cinema, photography, art, volunteering, technology and travel.